roduct overview and features
HF series is a new all-in-one hybrid solar charge inverter, which integrates solar energy storage & means charging energy storage and AC sine wave output. It has high response speed, high reliability and high industrial standard. Four charging modes are optional: Only Solar, Mains Priority, Solar Priority and Mains & Solar hybrid charging. Just like the solar charging module applies the latest optimized MPPT technology to quickly track the maximum power point of the PV array in any environment and obtain the maximum energy of the solar panel in real time.
- Brand: Yoosmart
- Model: HF4830S60
- Type: Hybrid Solar/Charge
- Technology: MPPT
- Full digital voltage and current double closed loop control, advanced SPWM technology, output of pure sine wave.
- Two output modes: mains bypass and inverter output; uninterrupted power supply.
- Available in 4 charging modes: Only Solar, Mains Priority, Solar Priority and Mains & Solar hybrid charging.
- Advanced MPPT technology with an efficiency of 99.9%.
- Designed with a LCD screen and 3 LED indicators for dynamic display of system data and operating status.
- ON/OFF rocker switch for AC output control.
- Power saving mode available to reduce no-load loss.
- Intelligent variable speed fan to efficiently dissipate heat and extend system life.
- Lithium battery activation design, allowing access of lead-acid battery and lithium battery.
- 360 ° all-round protection with a number of protection functions.
- Complete protections, including short circuit protection, over voltage and under voltage protection, overload protection, reverse protection, etc.
Basic system introduction
The figure below shows the system application scenario of this product. A complete system consists of the following parts:
- PV module: Convert light energy into DC power, and charge the battery through the all-in-one solar charge inverter, or directly invert into AC power to drive the load.
- Mains or generator: Connected at the AC input, to power the load while charging the battery. If the mains or generator is not connected, the system can also operate normally, and the load is powered by the battery and PV module.
- Battery: Provided to ensure normal power supply to the system loads when solar energy is insufficient and the Mains is not connected.
- Household load: Allow connection of various household and office loads, including refrigerators, lamps, TVs, fans and air conditioners.
- All-in-one solar charge inverter: The energy conversion unit of the whole system.
Please read this manual carefully prior to installation to familiarize yourself with the installation steps.
- Be very careful when installing the battery. Wear safety goggles when installing a lead-acid liquid battery. Once coming into contact with the battery acid, rinse with clean water timely.
- Do not place metal objects near the battery to prevent short-circuit of the battery.
- Acid gas may be generated when the battery is charged. So, please ensure good ventilation.
- When installing the cabinet, be sure to leave enough space around the all-in-one solar charge inverter for heat dissipation. Do not install the all-in-one solar charge inverter and lead-acid battery in the same cabinet to avoid corrosion by acid gas generated during battery operation.
- Only the battery that meets the requirements of the all-in-one unit can be charged.
- Poorly connected connections and corroded wires may cause great heat which will melt the wire insulation, burn the surrounding materials, and even cause fires. So, make sure the connectors have been tightened, and the wires are secured with ties to avoid looseness of connections caused by shaking of wires during mobile application.
- The system connection wires are selected according to a current density of not more than 5 A/mm2.
- Avoid direct sunlight and rainwater infiltration for outdoor installation.
- Even after the power is turned off, there is still high voltage inside the unit. Do not open or touch the internal components, and avoid related operations until the capacitor completely discharges.
- Do not install the all-in-one solar charge inverter in harsh environments such as moist, oily, flammable or explosive, or heavily dusty areas.
- Polarity at the battery input end of this product shall not be reversed, otherwise it may damage the device or cause unpredictable danger.
- The mains input and AC output are high voltage, so please do not touch the wiring terminals.
- When the fan is working, do not touch it to prevent injury.
- Load equipment input power needs to confirm that this all-in-one solar charge inverter is the only input device, and it is forbidden to use in parallel with other input AC power to avoid damage. It is necessary to confirm that the solar charge inverter is the only input device for load equipment, and it is forbidden to use it in parallel with other input AC power to avoid damage.
Wiring specifications and circuit breaker selection
Wiring and installation must comply with national and local electrical codes. Recommended PV array wiring specifications and circuit breaker selection: Since the output current of the PV array is affected by the type, connection method and illumination angle of the PV module, the minimum wire diameter of the PV array is calculated according to its short-circuit current; refer to the short-circuit current value in the PV module specification (the short-circuit current is constant when the PV modules are connected in series; the short-circuit current is the sum of the short-circuit currents of all PV modules connected in parallel); the short-circuit current of the PV array shall not exceed the maximum input current.
Refer to the table below for PV input wire diameter and switch:
Refer to the table below for recommended AC input wire diameter and switch:
Recommended battery input wire diameter and switch selection
Recommended AC output wiring specifications and circuit breaker selection
Note: The wiring diameter is for reference only. If the distance between the PV array and the all-in-one solar charge inverter or the distance between the all-in-one solar charge inverter and the battery is relatively long, using a thicker wire can reduce the voltage drop to improve system performance.
Note: The above are only recommended wiring diameter and circuit breaker. Please select the appropriate wiring diameter and circuit breaker according to actual situations.
Installation and wiring
Step 1: Determine the installation position and the space for heat dissipation. Determine the installation position of the all-in-one solar charge inverter, such as wall surface; when installing the all-in-one solar charge inverter, ensure that there is enough air flowing through the heat sink, and space of at least 200m to the left and right air outlets of the inverter shall be left to ensure natural convection heat dissipation. Refer to the installation diagram of the whole machine as above.
Warning: Danger of explosion! Never install the all-in-one solar charge inverter and lead-acid battery in the same confined space! Also do not install in a confined place where battery gas may collect.
â‘¢ Properly connect the AC output wire according to the wire sequence and terminal position shown in the figure below. Please connect the ground wire first, and then the live wire and the neutral wire. The ground wire is connected to the grounding screw hole on the cabinet through the O-type terminal.
Note: The grounding wire shall be as thick as possible (cross-sectional area is not less than 4mm2). The grounding point shall be as close as possible to the all-in-one solar charge inverter. The shorter the grounding wire, the better.
PV input wiring method:
â‘ Prior to wiring, disconnect the external circuit breaker and confirm that the wire used is thick enough. Please refer to Section 2.2 “Wiring Specifications and Circuit Breaker Selection”;
â‘¡ Properly connect the PV input wire according to the wire sequence and terminal position shown in the figure below. The PV1 port is the preferred port for wiring and the PV2 port is an optional expansion port. It is invalid to connect a standard machine to the PV2 port.
PV1+:PV1 input positive pole PV1-:PV1input negative pole
PV2+:PV1 input positive pole PV2-:PV1 input negative pole
BAT wiring method:
â‘ Prior to wiring, disconnect the external circuit breaker and confirm that the wire used is thick enough. Please refer to Section 2.2 “Wiring Specifications and Circuit Breaker Selection”. The BAT wire needs to be connected to the machine through the O-type terminal. The O-type terminal with an inner diameter of 5 mm is recommended. The O-type terminal shall firmly press the BAT wire to prevent excessive heat generation caused by excessive contact resistance;
â‘¡ Properly connect the BAT wire according to the wire sequence and terminal position shown in the figure below.
BAT+: Battery positive electrode BAT-: Battery negative electrode
â‘ Mains input, AC output and PV array will generate high voltage. So, before wiring, be sure to disconnect the circuit breaker or fuse;
â‘¡ Be very careful during wiring; do not close the circuit breaker or fuse during wiring, and ensure that the “+” and “-” pole leads of each component are connected properly; a circuit breaker must be installed at the battery terminal. Refer to Section 2.2 “Wiring Specifications and Circuit Breaker Selection” to select a right circuit breaker. Before wiring, be sure to disconnect the circuit breaker to prevent strong electric sparks and avoid battery short circuit; if the all-in-one solar charge inverter is used in an area with frequent lightning, it is recommended to install an external lightening arrester at the PV input terminal.
Step 4: Check if the wiring is correct and firm. In particular, check if the battery polarity is reversed, if the PV input polarity is reversed and if the AC input is properly connected.
Step 5: Install the terminals cover.
Step 6: Turn on the all-in-one solar charge inverter
First, close the circuit breaker at the battery terminal, and then turn the rocker switch on the left side of the machine to the "ON" state. The "AC/INV" indicator flashing indicates that the inverter is working normally. Close the circuit breakers of the PV array and the Mains. Finally, turn on AC loads one by one as the AC output is normal to avoid a protection action caused by a large momentary shock due to simultaneous turning on the loads simultaneously. Now, the machine goes into a normal operation according to the set mode.
Note: If power is supplied to different AC loads, it is recommended to first turn on the load with a large surge current. After the load is stable, turn on the load with a small surge current.
Note: If the all-in-one solar charge inverter does not work properly or the LCD or indicator is abnormal, refer to Chapter 6 to handle the exceptions.
There is detail information about as below:
Yoosmart 48V 40A 3000VA PV 145Vdc 3200W MPPT All-In-One Hybrid Solar Inverter/Charge lithium battery Built-in LCD Display [Manual Download]